Dlighted is a deposit free renting solution which lets landlords and letting agents rent properties faster, provides £500,000 of protection against property damage, unpaid rent and legal costs and makes renting cheaper for tenants.
Our deposit replacement insurance system was founded by property expert and renting reform campaigner Ajay Jagota, who was named Letting Agent of the Year in 2015 after becoming the first agent in the UK to abolish deposits.
Instead of asking tenants to handover an average of £967 just to start renting a property our deposit replacement insurance policy lets them move in for zero deposit.
As well as making it easier and faster to find and keep good tenants, our policy gives landlords and letting agents:
- £500,000 of cover against property damage
- £75,000 rent guarantee
- £50,000 of legal protection.
We are also the only deposit-free renting firm to offer enhanced tenant vetting through our Trusted Tenant technology – giving landlords and letting agents a much more comprehensive picture of a prospective renter’s financial history than standard tenant referencing firms.
We want to be recognised as the company who changed the way the rental market in the UK works.
- Making renting cheaper for Britain’s 10,000,000 tenants
- Making renting better for landlords and letting agents by reducing red tape and costs while offering genuine protection against rent arrears, property damage and legal costs.
We’re also at the heart of the #ditchdepositsnow campaign, putting pressure on the government to:
- Help renters save up for a home of their own by transferring the £4.1bn currently held in deposits into Help to Buy savings accounts.
- Create a “deposit free” option to the mandatory deposit protection schemes, providing a genuine alternative to tenancy deposit schemes like mydeposits, the Tenancy Deposit Scheme and the Deposit Protection Scheme.
Dlighted are appointed representatives and work with leading insurance specialist Alan Boswell Group.
Dlighted Ltd is an appointed representative (766833) of Alan Boswell Insurance Brokers Ltd, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.